ebrary MARC records pages were auto-updated on 2014-07-24.
If your ebrary MARC records page did not auto-update on this date, it is most likely because you had manually updated earlier in July.
You can manually update your ebrary MARC records page at any time by clicking the “Update MARC Data” button. If there have been any changes since the previous dated/time-stamped line, a new dated/time-stamped line will be created.
Just prior to the monthly auto-update we upload MARC records for brand-new-to-ebrary titles.
Also note the new “Content News” category – we will be posting information there about significant additions to and deletions from ebrary subscription collections.
Subscribe to these categories: MARC News
In the years since the ebrary mobile app was introduced, we have seen that patrons increasingly prefer to use one app that works across many products, and for the app to be optimized for their device.
Therefore, the ebrary mobile app has been retired, and is no longer available from the App Store or the Google Play store.
ProQuest recommends the independent, highly-rated “Bluefire Reader” app for offline reading of downloaded ebrary ebooks on mobile devices.
Bluefire is available for free from the App Store and the Google Play store. It can be used to read Adobe DRM-protected ebooks from a variety of sources – including EBL.
For detailed information about downloading ebrary books on mobile devices, and then using Bluefire to read them, please see this how-to.
Subscribe to these categories: Download: full document, English, Platform News
For devices such as: iPhones, iPads, and Android phones and tablets.
FIRST TIME ONLY:
I. Sign in with your Adobe ID, or create one:
1. Go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm
2. Either sign in, or click “Get Adobe ID” and follow the prompts
II. Install Bluefire on your device
1. On your device, click App Store (for iOS) or Play Store (for Android)
2. Search for “Bluefire Reader“
3. Install it on your device
Or… START HERE if you’ve done the above steps before:
III. Download books using your device – you’ll need internet access:
1. On your device, use a browser to connect to your ebrary site
- Use the same URL as when accessing ebrary from a computer
- For authorized access to your ebrary site, you will need to either:
– Use an authenticated campus Wi-Fi
– Or, if your site uses Single Sign On (SSO), sign in as usual
– Or, if your site uses proxied links, use a proxied link
Optionally, go to your library website, look for ebrary (perhaps under “Databases”), click the link to ebrary
Note, on iOS devices, use Safari (Chrome does not work well)
2. Sign in to your personal ebrary account (if not auto-signed-in)
- Or, if you haven’t yet created one, see this how-to.
3. Search in ebrary for the document you want to download
4. Click the “Download” button
5. Select the option to download the entire book, click “OK“
6a. On iOS devices:
- You’ll be given the option to “Open In:” a suggested reader
- If Bluefire isn’t the listed reader, click “…” to see the list
- Select “Bluefire“
6b. On Android devices:
- The downloaded ebook is put in your default download folder
- To find it, go to your apps, open “My Files” (or similar)
– If you don’t have a file navigator app, please install one
- Once you have found your downloaded ebook
– Click to select it
– In menu at top, select “Move to”, “Bluefire”, “Imports”
- Go to the Bluefire app
- Use settings to ”Upload files from SD”
- Your downloaded book will then be listed in Bluefire.
IV. Read downloaded books – no internet access required:
1. On your device, open the Bluefire app
2. From within Bluefire, open one of the books you’ve downloaded
3. Read and enjoy!
Note, you can also return downloaded books from within Bluefire.
Subscribe to these categories: Download: full document, English
You cannot directly export from “View Collection” or “Search Collection” results. However, once you have done “Search Collection” (using a blank search to get all titles in the collection, or with your desired search criteria) and have run the search, simply click on the “SEARCH” tab at the top (without doing anything else), and then you have access to the “Export Search Results” button.
To export a list of titles in a profile collection that are, for example, over $250:
1. Go to the “Admin” tab, then “PROFILE” tab
2. Click the “View Collection” link for the desired collection
3. Click the “Search Collection” button
4. Set the search criteria to (for example) List Price = 251 to 99999
(or you do a blank search to get all titles in the collection)
5. Click the “Search” button below the search criteria
6. Your desired search results should now be listed
7. Without doing anything else, click the “SEARCH” tab at the top
8. You should now see your same search results
9. Click the “Export Search Results” button near the top right
Subscribe to these categories: Adm: PDA, PDA+Loan, Loan, English, For Admins
We occasionally see cases where a user cannot view ebrary books because the viewing area of the screen is blocked by gray boxes.
The most common causes are:
1. Need to be running a recent version of Java
- When in doubt, update your Java – it’s free at: www.java.com
3. Java cache shouldn’t be full
- To clear your Java cache:
- Open your computer’s Control Panel
- From there, open “Java”
- Under “General” tab, ” Temporary Internet Files”, click “Settings…”
- Then click “Delete Files…”
4. Certain domains and/or IPs cannot be blocked:
or if you cannot use *, then:
If a site can only whitelist IPs, not domains, the following IPs should be whitelisted:
- 18.104.22.168-207 (for *.ebrary.com)
- 22.214.171.124 (for ajax.googleapis.com)
Note, ebrary sites in China do not use ajax, so do not need to unblock ajax.googleapis.com for sites in China
5. Certain ports cannot be blocked:
- All of the above domains use standard ports 80 and 443
6. Some VPNs are not compatible with ebrary
- URL-rewriting VPNs are not compatible with ebrary
7. Don’t use VPN if using another form of remote authentication, such as:
- proxied links
- EZproxy SSO
- ebrary-hosted remote access (RPA)
- Referring URL
Subscribe to these categories: English, Troubleshooting