The “Import” feature can be used to filter down a list of titles from somewhere else to the subset of those titles that are available to you via ebrary.
If you import a list of titles, only the titles that meet one or both of the following criteria will be successfully imported:
- Titles that are already on your ebrary site
- Titles that are purchasable on your ebrary site
To import a list of titles:
1. Clear your working list as follows:
- Go to the Search tab (not the Admin tab)
- Click on the LIST tab
- Click “Select All“
- Click the “Remove Selection from List” button
2. Still in your working list, click the “Import/Export” button at the far right
3. Paste in a list of one of the following:
- A list of ebrary docIDs (the most reliable)
- A list of ISBN numbers (use multipe ISBN numbers for the same document if you have them, e.g. hardback, paperback, ebook ISBN)
- A list of Titles (if there’s even a small difference in wording or punctuation, it won’t find the title)
- Best practice recommendation: If using ISBNs or Titles, consider doing steps 1-11 twice – first using ISBNs, then using Titles. Sometimes we won’t have the same ISBN number you have for a particular book, and following up with a de-dupe by Title might find some of those.
4. Select the corresponding type by clicking the radio button for either ISBNs, Titles, or ebrary Doc IDs
5. Click the “Import” button. It will tell you how many titles were successfully imported to your working list. Note that it will only import titles that are either active titles on your site, or titles that are purchasable on your site.
6. Click the “Return to Working List” button
7. There will be an entry in your working list for each document in your pasted-in list that matches one that ebrary could provide on your site.
8. To then see the ebrary details about these titles, Export your working list.