To create a Category Report that is summarized at the Primary Category level, pull an ebrary Category Report, then open it in Excel and use the Pivot Table tool.
- Pull an ebrary Category Report for the desired period, choose “CSV” format
- Open the CSV file in Excel
- Delete the first three columns (“Year”, “Month”, “ChannelUsed”) so that “Category” is the first column
- Click the top-left cell, “Category”
- Under the “Insert” tab, click “PivotTable”
- The data cells will likely be automatically selected and filled in as the “Table/Range” (if not, manually select the titles and data)
- Click “OK“
- In the “PivotTable Field List” box over at the right, click the checkbox next to “Category”, this will set it as the Row Label
- Drag each of the usage headings, e.g. “PagesViewed”, “PagesCopied”, etc., to the “Σ Values” box at the bottom-right
- The completed “PivotTable Field List” box should look like this:
- Click on the created Excel page and format as desired. Note that the pivot table is in a new tab to the left of the original CSV report.