This information applies to both the old QuickView reader and the new reader.
Viewing an ebrary book on a Kindle Fire is possible although it requires some extra steps due to Amazon’s proprietary software.
Kindle Setup (one-time event) :
- Installing e-reader: Please follow the instructions provided by BlueFire at: http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Computer setup (one-time event):
- Create an Adobe ID if you don’t already have one. Go to this link from your computer https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nf=1&loc=en_us&nl=1
If this link does not work, go to Adobe.com, Select Sign In, and Create an Account.
- Install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer through this link http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html . You should be prompted to enter your Adobe ID. This is the account you just created. If for some reason you are not prompted, you can still Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with your account later.
Download your ebook to the Kindle Fire:
- From your computer, download the ebrary book you wish to view on yourKindle Fire. You should see a .acsm file being downloaded in your browser window.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to actually download the book(s).
- Attach your Kindle Fire to your computer via USB cable. Your Kindle should say “You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle.” If it does not, unplug and plug back in. (Note: not all USB cables are created equal, so if your Operating System does not recognize the device, try a different cable).
- Give it a minute or so and you will see a KINDLE device in the bottom left pane of the ADE interface.
- You will be asked to authorize your Kindle. Please do so or else the books will not open.
- Drag and drop your book from Adobe Digital Editions Library to your Kindle.
- Unplug your Kindle.
- Open the Bluefire app on your Kindle: you will see the downloaded book(s) listed.