These are the basic steps to search for and order a title:
- Go to your ebrary site
- Sign in using a username that has Admin-tab ordering privileges
For admin privileges, see http://support.ebrary.com/kb/admin-tools
- Click on the “Admin” tab, then the “ACQUISITIONS” tab
- Click on “Perpetual Access“, then click the “Advanced Search” button
- It should come up with the “All Purchasable” collection already selected
IMPORTANT! To purchase titles already on your ebrary site, you need to change the collection to “All” (instead of “All Purchasable”)
- Set your search criteria. Click the + sign to add additional search lines
- Select “Search ebrary” down below the search criteria
For prices to show, click the “Long” button to see full info for each title
- Click to select each title you want to order as perpetual access
- Click the “Prepare to Order Selection” button.
- The system will then tell you which titles are available, etc.,
- You’ll then be on a page titled “Select Documents to Order”,
- click to select SUPO, 3USER or MUPO for each title
(Note, some titles are not offered as 3USER or MUPO.)
- Click “Review Order“
- This is the final step before actually placing the order…
if you click “Submit Order“, the titles will be ordered
Note: if you purchase a title that’s already on your site in a subscription collection, the URL will remain the same and you will not be sent a duplicate MARC record.
Note: The $ icon shows next to purchasable titles that you do NOT already have on your ebrary site.
Note: you can check the status of all orders using the “ORDERS” tab.