If while viewing a book, you encounter a “preview” alert after turning several pages, there are a 3 possibilities:
1. If the alert starts with: “You are on a preview site…”
- Then you are on one of ebrary’s preview-only sites, such as:
- Anyone can access these preview-only sites, and they show the full range of titles offered by ebrary. However, you can only see a page of two of the actual content of books on these sites.
- If you had meant to instead be on your school or company ebrary site, double-check the URL and re-enter it. Sometimes if you try to use a link to a book your ebrary site doesn’t have, you’ll be bumped to a preview site.
2. If the alert starts with: “This is a preview of this title…”
- Then it’s a book that’s not available on your ebrary site
- You’re shown a preview-only copy only if it’s available through ebrary and you’re signed in to your personal ebrary account
- When you are viewing a book that’s not available on your ebrary site, “Preview Access” will show in the tool bar:
3. If the alert starts with: “You are currently in preview mode”
- Then it’s a single-user book that’s already in use by someone else
- If you click OK, you’ll be given options such as queuing for the book or perhaps you’ll be given full access to the title