ebrary’s reader requires recent versions of operating systems and browsers as follows:
Supported operating systems:
- Windows: 7, 8, 8.1
- Windows 10 is currently certified for the ebrary Reader only (August 2016). Other features such as search, bookshelf and admin tools have not yet been certified for Windows 10.
- OS X: 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks)
Note that Windows RT is not supported.
Supported browsers: The browser versions we support parallel the frequency with which the browsers auto-update.
- Chrome: latest version
- FireFox: latest two versions
- Safari: latest two versions
- For Safari, “Private Browsing” does not work when using proxied links
- Internet Explorer: versions 9, 10 and 11 only. Note that the “Allow font downloads” policy setting in Internet Explorer needs to be enabled for correctly displaying some navigation icons.
- For IE 9, make sure compatibility mode is turned off
- IE 8 is not supported with the new reader as its underlying architecture is limiting when it comes to applying modern UX web designs and coding techniques.
Note that browser add-ons/extensions that alter or add a suffix to ebrary URLs do not work with ebrary.
- Example: “Dragon NaturallySpeaking” browser extension